Middlesex is a well established and thriving university that is both British based and internationally facing. The more established campuses are located in north London but the University has newer campuses in both Dubai (opened in 2005) and Mauritius (opened in 2010)
Middlesex currently teaches 35,500 students, and about 30 per cent of these are international students. 22,000 study on Middlesex’s London campuses and 20 per cent of these students are from overseas. A further 5,000 study on programmes validated by Middlesex but provided by the University’s partners in the UK. And there are 8,500 Middlesex students studying overseas of which 1,200 are based on Middlesex’s Dubai campus and 7.300 study on programmes validated by Middlesex but provided by the University’s partners overseas
The majority – 78 per cent – of Middlesex students are undergraduates, with the remaining 22 per cent studying postgraduate programmes
A slightly smaller majority – 65 per cent – of Middlesex students study full time, with the remaining 35 per cent studying part time
Of the full time undergraduate students, around 37 per cent are mature students. This means that they are 21 years or over when they begin their study at Middlesex. And 67 per cent of part time undergraduates are mature students.
Middlesex is a very popular university for students from the London area. 66 per cent of full time students are from London or the South East
We are dedicated to unlocking potential – in our students, through our research and within businesses. We teach 35,000 students on Middlesex courses in London, Dubai, Mauritius and with partners across the world
We have a reputation for the highest quality teaching, research that makes a real difference to people’s lives and a practical, innovative approach to working with businesses to develop staff potential and provide solutions to business issues. Our expertise is wide ranging, from engineering, information, health and social sciences, to business, arts and education – and we’re national leaders in work based learning solutions